Nan's Chicken & Roast Veggie Traybake
with Creamy Pesto Dressing
Our popular Nan's special seasoning - a perfect blend of paprika, pepper, onion and garlic - instantly adds a rich, traditional flavour to succulent chicken breast. Add a creamy pesto dressing and roasted veggies for a dish worth enjoying again and again.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 40g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
creamy pesto dressing
(Contains Milk; )
chicken breast strips
Nan's special seasoning
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Gluten; )
• Preheat the oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato and capsicum into bite-sized chunks. Cut carrot into thick half-moons. • In a medium bowl, combine Nan's special seasoning, the plain flour and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add chicken breast strips and turn to coat.
• Place the potato, capsicum and carrot on a lined oven tray. • Drizzle with olive oil, add the salt and season with pepper. Toss to coat and spread out evenly. • Roast until golden and tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide between two trays. Little cooks: Help toss the veggies!
• While the veggies are roasting, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast flaked almonds until golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook chicken strips until cooked through, 3-4 minutes each side (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded).
TIP: The chicken is cooked when it is no longer pink inside.
• When the veggies are done, add baby kale and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar to the tray and gently toss to combine.
• Divide roast veggie toss between bowls and top with chicken. • Spoon over creamy pesto dressing and garnish with toasted almonds to serve. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Add the finishing touch by sprinkling over the almonds.