Southeast Asian Salt & Pepper Chicken
with Rice, Honey-Soy Veggies & Sesame Dressing
You've had salt and pepper squid, but have you tried salt and pepper chicken? The secret to this delicious meal is coating the chicken with our Southeast Asian spice blend - it makes every crunchy bite a taste sensation!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(May be present Gluten, milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts. )
(Contains Egg, Gluten, Sesame, Soy; May be present milk. )
boneless chicken drumstick
Southeast Asian spice blend
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Gluten, Soy; )
(Contains Gluten; )
• Add the water to a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. • Add jasmine rice, stir, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. • Cook for 12 minutes, then remove pan from heat and keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam so don't peek!
• While the rice is cooking, cut any larger broccoli florets in half. Thinly slice carrot into half-moons. • In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce and the honey.
Little cooks: Kids can help combine the sauces.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook broccoli and carrot until tender, 6-7 minutes. • Add honey-soy mixture and cook, until veggies are well coated, 1-2 minutes. • Transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
TIP: Add a dash of water to the pan to help speed up the cooking process.
• SPICY! Peppercorns can be spicy, use less if you're sensitive to heat! While the veggies are cooking, crush black peppercorns (see ingredients) with a mortar and pestle or in their sachet using a rolling pin. • Cut boneless chicken drumsticks into 1cm strips. • In a medium bowl, combine the salt, crushed peppercorns, Southeast Asian spice blend and the plain flour. Add chicken and toss to coat.
• Wipe out the frying pan, then return to mediumhigh heat with a generous drizzle of olive oil. When oil is hot, pick up chicken using tongs and shake off any excess flour back into the bowl. • Cook chicken, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
TIP: If your pan is getting crowded, cook in batches for the best results. TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• Divide rice between bowls. Top with honey-soy veggies and salt and pepper chicken. • Sprinkle with chilli flakes (if using). Drizzle with sesame dressing. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Kids can add the finishing touch and drizzle over the dressing.