Mexican Beef & Bean Enchiladas
with Charred Corn Salsa, Guacamole & Sour Cream
With beans, beef, tortillas, Cheddar cheese and charred yet sweet salsa, this Mexican favourite is colourful, delicious and a heap of fun to make. Don’t forget to dollop on the avocado to really get the fiesta going!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
red kidney beans
mini flour tortillas
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Milk; )
Mexican Fiesta spice blend
shredded Cheddar cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
white wine vinegar
• Finely chop onion. Grate the carrot. Drain the sweetcorn. Drain and rinse half the red kidney beans. • Slice avocado in half and scoop out the flesh.
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook sweetcorn, tossing occasionally, until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the corn kernels are “popping” out.
• Return the pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook beef mince, breaking up with a spoon, until browned, 3-4 minutes. • Add onion and carrot and cook, until softened, 3-4 minutes. • SPICY! The spice blend is hot, use less if you're sensitive to heat. Add Mexican Fiesta spice blend and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add red kidney beans, half the charred corn and half the enchilada sauce. Stir to combine, then remove pan from heat.
• Preheat grill to medium-high. Lay mini flour tortillas on a flat surface and divide the bean filling between tortillas. • Roll tortillas to enclose and place, seam-side down, in a baking dish, ensuring they fit together snugly. • Top tortillas with the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle with shredded Cheddar cheese. • Grill enchiladas until the cheese is golden, 5-8 minutes.
• While the enchiladas are grilling, roughly chop coriander and cucumber. Add coriander and cucumber to the remaining charred corn. • Drizzle with olive oil and white wine vinegar. Season to taste and toss to coat. Set aside. • Place avocado in a small bowl and mash with a fork. Season to taste.
• Divide Mexican beef and bean enchiladas between plates. • Top with charred corn salsa, sour cream and guacamole to serve. Enjoy!