Cheesy Beef & Slaw Burger
with Homemade Beetroot Relish & Zesty Fries
When you’re making a burger, you want all the works. A beef patty on top of garlic aioli (also perfect for dipping the fries in) and some fresh slaw is all you need to make a delicious burger, but bring it to the next level with a beetroot relish and a bit of zest on the fries.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Zesty Chilli Salt
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
Butter Burger Buns
(Contains Egg, Gluten, Milk, Soy; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, traces of sulphites, Sesame. )
Shredded Cabbage Mix
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
Aussie Spice Blend
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Egg; )
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. Cut potato into fries. • Place fries on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Spread out evenly, then bake until tender, 20-25 minutes. • When the fries are done, remove tray from the oven and sprinkle over zesty chilli salt. Toss fries to coat.
• While the fries are baking, grate beetroot (see ingredients). Roughly chop parsley leaves. • In a large bowl, combine beef mince, parsley, Aussie spice blend, fine breadcrumbs and the egg. • Using damp hands, shape beef mixture into 2cm-thick patties (1 per person).
Little cooks: Join the fun by helping combine the ingredients and shaping the mixture into patties!
• In a large frying pan, heat a good drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Cook beetroot, the balsamic vinegar and brown sugar until softened, 2-3 minutes. • Add the water and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced, 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, then transfer to a small bowl.
• Wash and dry the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook beef patties until just cooked through, 4-5 minutes each side. • In the last 1-2 minutes of cook time, sprinkle shredded Cheddar cheese over patties and cover with a lid (or foil) until cheese melts.
• Halve burger buns and bake directly on wire rack in oven until heated through, 2-3 minutes. • In a medium bowl, combine shredded cabbage mix (see ingredients) and a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste.
• Spread garlic aioli over the burger bun bases. Top with some slaw, homemade beetroot relish and a cheesy beef patty. • Serve with zesty potato fries. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Take the lead and help build the burgers!