Chimichurri Beef Rump & Roast Veggies
with Tomato Salad & Mayonnaise
Everyone has a favourite kind of steak, make this the one that stands out above the rest by seasoning the beef with chimichurri. Cook it to your liking and complete it with roasted veggie fries and a fresh salad on the side. It’s bound to be a crowd-pleaser!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 30g carbohydrates per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
mixed salad leaves
(Contains Egg; )
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut carrot and white turnip into fries. • Place veggie fries on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. • Bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, roughly chop tomato.
• Place beef rump between two sheets of baking paper. Pound beef with a meat mallet or rolling pin until slightly flattened. • On a plate, combine beef, chimichurri seasoning, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
TIP: Pounding the beef ensures that it's extra tender once cooked.
• When the veggies have 10 minutes cook time remaining, heat a large frying pan over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • When oil is hot, cook beef, turning, for 5-6 minutes (depending on thickness), or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate to rest.
TIP: The spice blend will char slightly in the pan, this adds to the flavour!
• While the beef is resting, combine tomato, mixed salad leaves and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl. Season to taste.
• Slice chimichurri beef rump. • Divide veggie fries, tomato salad and beef rump between plates. • Serve with mayonnaise. Enjoy!