Honey & Herb Haloumi Couscous Bowl
with Roast Veggies & Lemon Yoghurt
Whip up a haloumi and couscous extravaganza in four easy steps. Drizzle over some honey to coat the haloumi and toss the couscous with some carrot and capsicum and it will look and taste like you’ve been cooking for hours.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Nan's special seasoning
vegetable stock powder
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Milk; )
spinach & rocket mix
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Thinly slice carrot into half-moons. Cut parsnip into bite-sized chunks. Halve baby broccoli lengthways. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Sprinkle over Nan's special seasoning, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 25-30 minutes.
• Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the water and vegetable stock powder and bring to the boil. • Add couscous and stir to combine. • Cover with a lid and remove from heat. Set aside until the water has absorbed, 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork.
• While the couscous is cooking, heat a medium frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast flaked almonds, tossing, until golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. • Roughly chop parsley. Zest lemon to get a pinch, then slice into wedges. Cut haloumi into 1cm-thick slices. • In a second small bowl, combine Greek-style yoghurt and lemon zest, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
• When the veggies have 5 minutes cook time remaining, return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Pat haloumi dry with paper towel. Cook haloumi until golden brown, 2 minutes each side. • Reduce heat to medium, then add the honey and parsley. Cook until fragrant, turning haloumi to coat, 1 minute.
• Add roasted veggies to the couscous, along with spinach & rocket mix, a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Gently toss to combine, then season to taste.
• Divide roast veggie couscous between bowls. Top with honey and herb haloumi. Dollop over lemon yoghurt. • Sprinkle with toasted almonds and serve with any remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!