Kidney Bean & Cheddar Fritter Burger
with Oven-Baked Fries & Herby Mayo
The best part of a fritter burger is that you can stack them high. Use rich kidney beans and Cheddar cheese to create the fritters then add them to golden toasted buns layered in a herby mayo.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
red kidney beans
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
All-American Spice Blend
vegetable stock powder
Butter Burger Buns
(Contains Egg, Gluten, Milk, Soy; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, traces of sulphites, Sesame. )
Mixed Salad Leaves
Dill & Parsley Mayonnaise
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Egg; )
(Contains Milk; )
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into fries, place on a lined oven tray. • Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Spread out evenly, then bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice tomato. Drain and rinse red kidney beans.
• In a medium bowl, combine kidney beans, shredded Cheddar cheese, All-American spice blend, vegetable stock powder, the plain flour, egg and milk. Mix well to combine.
TIP: Lift out some of the mixture with a spoon. If it's too wet and doesn't hold its shape, add a little more flour!
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base. • When oil is hot, add heaped tablespoons of fritter mixture in batches and flatten with a spatula (2-3 per person). Cook until golden, 3-4 minutes each side (don't flip too early!). • Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
TIP: Add extra olive oil between batches as needed.
• Halve burger buns and bake directly on a wire oven rack until heated through, 2-3 minutes. • In a large bowl, combine mixed salad leaves and a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
• Spread burger bun bases with dill & parsley mayonnaise. • Top with mixed salad leaves, tomato and kidney bean and Cheddar fritters. • Serve with potato fries. Enjoy!