Herby Beef & Leek Shepherd's Pie
with Garlic Mash Topping
Let’s try our hand at the classic shepherd’s pie, filled with saucy beef and veggies like cosy leek. It’s a comfort dinner that just gets comfier when a fluffy potato mash is spread on top to create the top of the pie. We’ve reached peak cosiness now!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
garlic & herb seasoning
beef-style stock powder
(Contains fish, Gluten, Soy; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Milk; )
• Boil the kettle. Half-fill a large saucepan with boiling water, then add a generous pinch of salt. • Peel potato and cut into large chunks. Peel garlic cloves. Thinly slice leek. Roughly chop parsley.
TIP: Save time and get more fibre by leaving the potato unpeeled.
• Cook potato and garlic in the boiling water, over high heat, until easily pierced with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. • Add the butter and milk to potato and season with salt. Mash until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
• While the potato is cooking, heat a large frying pan over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook beef mince, breaking up with a spoon, until just browned, 3-4 minutes. Drain any excess oil. • Add leek, soffritto mix and parsley, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Add garlic & herb seasoning and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
• Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, beef-style stock powder and water. Stir well to combine. Season to taste.
TIP: Add a dash of water if the mince looks dry!
• Preheat grill to high. Transfer the beef mixture to a baking dish, then spread the mash on top. • Grill pie until lightly golden, 8-10 minutes.
• Divide beef and leek shepherd's pie between plates. Enjoy!