Cheesy BBQ Chicken & Roast Veggies
with Creamy Rainbow Slaw
Slather mildly spiced chicken breasts in sweet and savoury BBQ sauce, top with shredded Cheddar that gets lovely and gooey in the pan, and you're in for a treat!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Aussie Spice Blend
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
(Contains Milk; )
baby spinach leaves
Shredded Cabbage Mix
(Contains Egg; )
Not included in your delivery
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut carrot and white turnip into bite-sized chunks. Cut beetroot into small chunks. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: Beetroot stays firm when cooked. It's done when you can pierce it with a fork.
• Meanwhile, place your hand flat on top of each chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. • In a medium bowl, combine Aussie spice blend and a drizzle of olive oil. Add chicken and turn to coat.
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook chicken until cooked through, 3-5 minutes each side (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded).
TIP: The chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• In the last 2 minutes of cook time, reduce the heat to medium, then add BBQ sauce. Turn chicken to coat. • Top with shredded Cheddar cheese and cover with a lid (or foil) until melted, 1-2 minutes.
• Meanwhile, roughly chop baby spinach leaves. • In a second medium bowl, combine shredded cabbage mix, baby spinach, mayonnaise and a drizzle of white wine vinegar. Season to taste.
• Divide cheesy BBQ chicken between plates. • Serve with roast veggies and creamy rainbow slaw. Enjoy!