Miso-Honey Chicken Poke Bowl
with Sesame Roasted Carrot, Slaw & Peanuts
This blissful bowl rivals what you'd get at your local poke joint. All you have to do is sear some juicy chicken, pop the carrot in the oven, then pile it on a bed of fragrant jasmine rice. Serve with crispy slaw for a crunchy kick!
Unfortunately, this week's crispy shallots were in short supply, so we've replaced them with crushed peanuts. Don't worry, the recipe will be just as delicious, just be sure to follow your recipe card!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
mixed sesame seeds
(Contains Sesame; )
(May be present Gluten, milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts. )
(Contains Gluten, Soy; )
shredded cabbage mix
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
(Contains peanuts; )
boneless chicken drumstick
(Contains Sesame, Soy; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Sesame; )
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut carrot into bite-sized chunks. • Place carrot on a lined oven tray. Sprinkle with mixed sesame seeds and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, add the water to a medium saucepan and bring to the boil. • Add jasmine rice, stir, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. Cook for 12 minutes, then remove pan from heat and keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam, so don't peek!
• While the rice is cooking, thinly slice cucumber into half-moons. Finely chop garlic. • Cut boneless chicken drumsticks into 2cm chunks.
• When the carrot has 10 minutes remaining, heat a large frying pan over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • When oil is hot, cook chicken, tossing, until browned and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
• Wipe out the frying pan, then return to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add miso paste (see ingredients) and the honey and cook, stirring, until bubbling, 1 minute. • Remove pan from heat, return chicken to the pan and toss to coat.
• In a large bowl, combine shredded cabbage mix, cucumber, Japanese dressing and the sesame oil. Season to taste. • Divide rice between bowls. Top with miso-honey chicken, sesame roasted carrot and slaw. • Dollop with garlic aioli and sprinkle over crushed peanuts to serve. Enjoy!