Herby Lamb & Leek Shepherd's Pie
with Garlic Mash Topping
Let’s try our hand at the classic shepherd’s pie, filled with saucy lamb and veggies like cosy leek. It’s a comfort dinner that just gets comfier when a fluffy potato mash is spread on top to create the top of the pie. We’ve reached peak cosiness now!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
beef-style stock powder
(Contains fish, Gluten, Soy; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Milk; )
• Boil the kettle. Half-fill a large saucepan with boiling water, then add a generous pinch of salt. • Peel potato and cut into large chunks. Peel garlic cloves. Thinly slice leek. Roughly chop parsley.
TIP: Save time and get more fibre by leaving the potato unpeeled.
• Cook potato and garlic in the boiling water, over high heat, until easily pierced with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. • Add the butter and milk to potato and season with salt. Mash until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
• While the potato is cooking, heat a large frying pan over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook lamb mince, breaking up with a spoon, until just browned, 3-4 minutes. • Add leek, soffritto mix and parsley and cook, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Add garlic & herb seasoning and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute.
• Add tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, beef-style stock powder and the water. Stir well to combine. Season to taste.
TIP: Add a dash of water if the mince looks dry!
• Preheat grill to high. Transfer the lamb mixture to a baking dish, then spread the mash on top. • Grill pie until lightly golden, 8-10 minutes.
• Divide lamb and leek shepherd's pie between plates. Enjoy!