Lamb Rump & Grilled Capsicum Tacos
with Charred Corn, Avocado & Pickled Radish
Looks like our tacos are evolving into their ultimate phase! These new and improved tacos come equipped with tender lamb rump, cooked to perfection, pickled radish, avocado and for their finishing move - smokey grilled capsicum. These are some seriously S-class tacos.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Mini Flour Tortillas
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
Mexican Fiesta spice blend
Not included in your delivery
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Lightly score lamb rump fat in a criss-cross pattern. • Place lamb, fat-side down, in a large frying pan (no need for oil!). Place pan over medium heat and cook, undisturbed, until golden, 10-12 minutes. • Increase heat to high and sear lamb rump on all sides for 30 seconds.
TIP: Starting the lamb in a cold pan helps the fat melt without burning.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice radish. In a small bowl, combine the white wine vinegar and a good pinch of sugar and salt. • Add radish to the pickling liquid with just enough water to cover radish. Set aside.
• SPICY! This spice blend is hot! Add less if you're sensitive to heat. Combine Mexican Fiesta spice blend and a drizzle of olive oil in a second small bowl. Season. • Transfer lamb, fat-side up, to a lined oven tray. Use back of a spoon to spread spice mixture over the lamb. • Roast for 15-20 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. • Remove lamb from the oven, cover with foil and set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
TIP: The lamb will keep cooking as it rests!
• While the lamb is roasting, thinly slice capsicum and onion. Drain the sweetcorn. • Wipe out the frying pan, then return to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook capsicum, onion and corn, until tender and slightly charred, 4-5 minutes.
• Meanwhile, slice avocado in half, scoop out flesh and thinly slice. • Microwave mini flourtortillas on a plate in 10 second bursts until warmed through.
• Drain pickled radish. • Thinly slice lamb and bring everything to the table to serve. • Spread each tortilla with smokey aioli. Build each taco with some lamb, grilled veggies, avocado and pickled radish. • Tear over coriander to serve. Enjoy!