Double Mediterranean Haloumi & Zesty Couscous
with Roast Veggies & Parsley Yoghurt
A medley of brightly coloured veggies and big flavours like garlic and herb spices are super filling while still feeling fresh and light. A smooth dollop of yoghurt tops off a dish whose star really is the golden, gooey haloumi - it's outrageously good!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
(Contains Milk; )
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
(Contains Milk; )
(May be present Gluten, traces of egg, Fish, milk, Tree Nuts, Sesame, Soy. )
vegetable stock powder
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Cut cauliflower into small florets. Slice the capsicum. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with garlic & herb seasoning and a good pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 25-30 minutes.
• Meanwhile, cut haloumi into 1cm-thick slices. Finely chop garlic. Roughly chop parsley and baby spinach leaves. Zest lemon to get a generous pinch, then slice into wedges. • Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast flaked almonds, tossing, until golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. Transfer garlic oil to a small bowl and allow to cool for 5 minutes. • Add Greek-style yoghurt to garlic oil mixture and stir to combine. Add half the parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
• In a medium saucepan add the water and vegetable stock powder, stir to combine and bring to the boil. • Add couscous and a drizzle of olive oil. Stir to combine, cover with a lid and remove from heat. Leave until all the water is absorbed, 5 minutes. Fluff up with a fork. • When the roasted veggies are done, toss them through the couscous. Add baby spinach, lemon zest and a generous squeeze of lemon juice to the couscous. Season, stir to combine and cover to keep warm.
• While the couscous is cooking, return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook haloumi in batches, until golden brown, 1-2 minutes each side. • Remove the pan from heat, then return all haloumi to the pan and add pomegranate molasses, tossing haloumi to coat.
• Divide roast veggie couscous between bowls, then top with haloumi. • Spoon over parsley yoghurt. Sprinkle over toasted almonds. • Garnish with remaining parsley and serve with any remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!