Double Haloumi, Veggie & Sweet Chilli Fritter
with Roast Potato Salad
These juicy sweet-and-salty fritters are the perfect marriage of flavours and easy cooking techniques. Each fritter is packed with veggies and is stacked with tasty haloumi and sweet chilli sauce to add plenty of cheesy goodness!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Milk; )
vegetable stock powder
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Mixed Salad Leaves
sweet chilli sauce
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Egg; )
vinegar (balsamic or white wine)
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into bite-sized chunks, then place on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, roughly chop coriander. Grate carrot and haloumi. Drain the sweetcorn.
• In a large bowl, combine carrot, sweetcorn, haloumi, the milk, vegetable stock powder, the plain flour, egg, coriander and garlic & herb seasoning. Season with pepper. Mix well to combine.
TIP: Lift out some of the mixture with a spoon, if it's too wet and doesn't hold its shape, add a little more flour!
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base. • When oil is hot, add heaped tablespoons of fritter mixture in batches and flatten with a spatula (3-4 per person). • Cook fritters until golden, 3-4 minutes each side (don't flip too early!). Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
TIP: Add extra olive oil between batches as needed. TIP: Allow the fritters to set before you flip them.
• While the fritters are cooking, thinly slice cucumber into half-moons. • In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil. • Add mixed salad leaves, cucumber and roasted potatoes and toss to coat.
• Divide haloumi and veggie fritters and roast potato salad between plates. • Drizzle sweet chilli sauce over each fritter to serve. Enjoy!