Herby Beef & Roast Veggie Cauliflower Rice
with Garlic Yoghurt
Can there be any more flavour in this bowl? It already has a bunch of veggies, herbs for a surprise of freshness and a cauliflower rice to hold up those juicy beef strips. We think there’s definitely enough flavour to satisfy everyone.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving and under 30g carbohydrates per serving.
Unfortunately, this week's leek was in short supply, so we've replaced it with onion. Don't worry, the recipe will be just as delicious, just be sure to follow your recipe card!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
baby spinach leaves
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
vinegar (balsamic or white wine)
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Cut onion into wedges. Cut carrot into thick half-moons. • Place onion and carrot on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, finely chop garlic. Roughly chop baby spinach leaves. • In a medium bowl, combine beef strips, garlic & herb seasoning, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside. • In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook half the garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. • Transfer garlic oil to a small bowl, then add Greek-style yoghurt and stir to combine. Season to taste.
• When the veggies have 10 minutes cook time remaining, return the frying pan to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook cauliflowerrice until softened, 2-4 minutes. • Add remaining garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. Season, then transfer to a bowl and cover to keep warm.
• Return the frying pan to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When oil is hot, cook beef strips in batches, until browned and cooked through, 1-2 minutes.
TIP: Cooking the meat in batches over a high heat helps it stay tender.
• Add roasted veggies to the cauliflower rice, along with baby spinach, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste.
• Divide roasted veggie cauliflower rice between bowls. Top with herby beef and garlic yoghurt. Enjoy!