Korean Beef Brisket & Fried Egg Bibimbap
with Sesame Veggies & Pickled Cucumber-Radish
We’re trying our hand a beloved Korean dish. It has all the works that you love in a bibimbap like sauteed sesame veggies on a bed of rice and baked beef brisket marinated in a stir-fry sauce. Dig in and enjoy!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
slow-cooked beef brisket
(May be present traces of egg, Gluten, Tree Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Soy, milk. )
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Sesame; )
Korean stir-fry sauce
(Contains Sesame, Gluten, Soy; May be present traces of egg, Tree Nuts, Fish, milk. )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Egg; )
(Contains Sesame; )
vinegar (rice wine or white wine)
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Place slow-cooked beef brisket in a baking dish. Add Korean stir-fry sauce, a pinch of chilli flakes (if using) and pour liquid from brisket packaging over the beef. • Cover tightly with foil and bake for 12 minutes. Turn beef, then re-cover with foil and bake until heated through and liquid has slightly reduced, a further 12 minutes.
• Meanwhile, finely chop garlic. • In a medium saucepan, heat the butter with a dash of olive oil over medium heat. Cook half the garlic until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add basmati rice, the water and a generous pinch of salt, stir, then bring to the boil. • Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. • Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10 minutes.
TIP: The rice will finish cooking in its own steam so don't peek!
• While the rice is cooking, thinly slice cucumber and radish. Thinly slice carrot into sticks. • In a medium bowl, combine the rice wine vinegar and a good pinch of sugar and salt. • Add cucumber and radish to pickling liquid. Add just enough water to cover veggies. Set aside. • In a small bowl, combine sriracha and the honey. Set aside.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook carrot until tender, 4-5 minutes. • Add baby spinach leaves, sesame seeds and the remaining garlic and cook until fragrant and spinach has wilted, 1 minute. Season to taste. • Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
• Wipe out the frying pan, then return to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Crack the eggs into the pan and cook until egg whites are firm and yolks are cooked to your liking, 2-3 minutes.
• Slice beef brisket. Drain pickled cucumber and radish, then add a drizzle of sesame oil. Toss to combine. • Bring everything to the table to serve. • Make your bibimbap by combining garlic rice, Korean beef brisket, sesame veggies, pickled cucumber-radish and a fried egg in a bowl. • Drizzle over sriracha sauce mixture to serve. Enjoy!