Masala Beef & Potato Curry
with Garlic Flatbread & Yoghurt
Some may say that a potato curry is good in the winter, but with Mumbai spiced beef strips it will be hard to resist. The curry is popping with potato chunks soaking up the coconut sauce with help from flatbreads so not a drop is missed. It’s curry any day, every day!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Gluten, Soy; May be present traces of egg, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk. )
Mumbai Spice Blend
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut carrot and potato into bite-sized chunks. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, finely chop garlic. • In a medium bowl, combine Mumbai spice blend, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add beef strips and toss to coat. • In a small heatproof bowl, add the butter and half the garlic, then microwave in 10 second bursts, until melted. Season and set aside.
• When the veggies have 10 minutes remaining, heat a large frying pan over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • When oil is hot, cook beef strips in batches, tossing, until browned and cooked through, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
TIP: Cooking the meat in batches over a high heat helps it stay tender.
• Wipe out the frying pan, then return to medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook masala paste, curry powder and the remaining garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add coconut milk, the water and brown sugar. Stir to combine and simmer until slightly reduced, 2-3 minutes. • Remove from heat, then stir through beef strips and roasted veggies. Season to taste.
• While the curry is cooking, place flatbreads on the lined oven tray. • Drizzle (or brush) garlic butter over flatbreads. Bake until warmed through and lightly golden, 4-7 minutes.
• Divide Masala beef and potato curry between bowls. • Top with Greek-style yoghurt and tear over coriander. • Serve with garlic flatbreads. Enjoy!