Plant-Based Chick'n & Potato Mash
with Caramelised Onion Sauce & Steamed Veggies
We better set an extra place at the table tonight because nostalgia is coming over and it’s bringing this veggie version of homey chicken and potato mash. Cook up a caramelised onion sauce to put a spin on this classic.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
baby spinach leaves
plant-based crumbed chicken tenders
(Contains Gluten, Soy; )
(Contains sulphites; )
Not included in your delivery
• Boil the kettle. Half-fill a large saucepan with boiling water, then add a generous pinch of salt. • Peel potato and cut into large chunks. • Cook potato in the boiling water, over high heat, until easily pierced with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Drain and return to the pan. • Add the plant-based butter and plant-based milk to the potato and season with salt. Mash until smooth. Cover to keep warm.
TIP: Save time and get more fibre by leaving the potato unpeeled.
• While the potato is cooking, thinly slice onion. • Halve any thick baby broccoli stalks lengthways. • Thinly slice carrot into sticks.
• Place a colander or steamer basket on top of the saucepan, then add baby broccoli and carrot. • Cover with a lid and steam until tender, 6-7 minutes. • Transfer veggies to a medium bowl, toss through baby spinach leaves and season to taste. Cover to keep warm.
• Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base. • Cook plant-based chicken tenders until golden and heated through, 2-3 minutes on each side. • Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and cover to keep warm.
• Wipe out the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook onion, stirring, until softened, 5-6 minutes. • Reduce heat to medium. Add the brown sugar, balsamic vinegar and a splash of water and mix well. Cook until dark and sticky, 3-5 minutes. • Add onion chutney and a splash of water, stirring to combine.
TIP: Add a dash more water if the sauce gets too thick.
• Divide potato mash, plant-based chick'n and steamed veggies between plates. • Pour over caramelised onion sauce. Enjoy!