Seared Fillet Steak & Pesto Butter Sauce
with Oregano Roasted Veggies & Zesty Rocket
You know you’re in for a good night when the only thing standing between you and a quality meal is a matter of minutes! With only the most tender fillet cut, buttery pesto sauce and roasted veggies, you can’t go wrong.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
premium fillet steak
(Contains Milk, Tree Nuts; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into bite-sized chunks. Cut eggplant into small chunks. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with dried oregano, then season with salt. Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
TIP: If your oven tray is crowded, divide between two trays.
• Meanwhile, slice lemon into wedges. Finely chop garlic and onion.
• When the veggies have 10 minutes cook time remaining, heat a large frying pan over high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Season premium fillet steak with salt and pepper. When oil is hot, sear steak until browned, 1 minute on all sides. • Transfer steak to a second lined oven tray and roast for 8-10 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. • Remove tray from oven, then set steak aside to rest for 10 minutes.
• While the steak is roasting, return the pan to low heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook onion until softened, 3-4 minutes. • Add garlic and the butter and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Remove pan from heat, then stir through basil pesto until well combined. Season to taste and stir through any steak resting juices. Set aside.
• In a medium bowl, add a drizzle of olive oil and a squeeze of lemon juice. • Add rocket leaves, season to taste and toss to coat.
• Slice seared fillet steak. Divide steak, zesty rocket and oregano roasted veggies between plates. • Spoon pesto butter sauce over steak. • Serve with any remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!