Smokey Crumbed Chicken Tacos
with Charred Corn Slaw & Spring Onion
Crispy crumbed chicken, creamy slaw and charred corn in a taco – we promise, this combo is love at first bite! And second bite, and third bite...
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, milk, Soy, Sesame. )
mini flour tortillas
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
All-American spice blend
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Egg; )
(Contains Gluten; )
white wine vinegar
• Roughly chop baby spinach leaves. Thinly slice spring onion. Drain the sweetcorn. • Cut chicken breast into 2cm strips.
• Heat a large frying pan over high heat. Cook sweetcorn, tossing, until lightly charred, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
TIP: Cover the pan with a lid if the kernels are "popping" out.
• In a shallow bowl, combine the plain flour and a pinch of salt. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the egg. In a third shallow bowl, combine panko breadcrumbs and All-American spice blend. • Coat chicken first in the flour, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Set aside on a plate.
Little cooks: Help crumb the chicken! Use one hand for the wet ingredients and the other for the dry ingredients to avoid sticky fingers.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base. • Cook crumbed chicken in batches until golden and cooked through, 2-4 minutes each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
TIP: Add extra oil if needed so the schnitzel does not stick to the pan.
• While chicken is cooking, add slaw mix to the charred corn, along with baby spinach, garlic aioli and a drizzle of white wine vinegar. Season with salt and pepper, then toss to coat. • Microwave mini flourtortillas on a plate in 10 second bursts until warmed through.
• Bring everything to the table to serve. • Build your tacos by topping tortillas with charred corn slaw and crumbed chicken strips. • Garnish with spring onion to serve. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Take the lead and help build the tacos!