Truffle Chicken, Bacon & Mushroom Pot Pie
with Filo Pastry & Balsamic Rocket Salad
A pot pie is a classic for a reason, it’s unbeatable for nostalgia and cosy vibes. Our one comes with creamy chicken, bacon and mushroom filling but the hint of truffle makes this pie extra special. So dig in and enjoy this timeless delight!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Herb & Mushroom Seasoning
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Gluten; )
Balsamic & Olive Oil Dressing
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Roughly chop tomato, onion and parsley. Thinly slice button mushrooms. Finely chop garlic.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over high heat. When oil is hot, cook diced chicken and diced bacon, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. • Return the frying pan to medium-high heat, then add onion and mushrooms and cook until browned and softened, 4-6 minutes.
• Add garlic and herb & mushroom seasoning and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Reduce heat to medium, return chicken, bacon and any resting juices to the pan, then add cream and a splash of water. Stir to combine and cook until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat, add parsley and a drizzle of truffle oil (if using).
TIP: Truffle oil has a strong flavour – add less if desired!
• Transfer filling to a baking dish. • In a small microwave-safe bowl, add the butter and microwave in 10 second bursts until melted. • Lightly scrunch each sheet of filo pastry and place on top of filling to completely cover. Gently brush melted butter over to coat. • Bake pie until pastry is golden, 15-20 minutes.
• Meanwhile, combine rocket leaves and tomato in a medium bowl. Add balsamic & olive oil dressing (see ingredients) and toss to coat. Season to taste.
• Divide creamy truffle chicken, bacon and mushroom pot pie between plates. • Serve with balsamic rocket salad. Enjoy!
TIP: Serve immediately to ensure the pastry stays crisp!