Apricot-Glazed Falafels & Chicken Nourish Plate
with Roasted Veggies, Slaw, Walnuts & Garlic Dip
Make friends with plant-based ingredients by teaming hearty falafels with some stellar sides: chermoula roasted veggies, a crunchy slaw and a garlic dip so flavourful, you'll want to add it to everything.
Unfortunately, this week's pine nuts were in short supply, so we've replaced them with walnuts. Don't worry, the recipe will be just as delicious, just be sure to follow your recipe card!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
baby spinach leaves
(May be present Gluten, traces of egg, Fish, milk, Tree Nuts, Sesame, Soy. )
Asian Slaw Mix
Not included in your delivery
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Cut potato into bite-sized chunks. • Finely grate half the carrot and cut the remaining carrot into bite-sized chunks. • Place chopped carrot and potato on a lined oven tray. Sprinkle over garlic & herb seasoning, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. Spread out evenly. • Roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, slice avocado in half, scoop out the flesh and thinly slice. Cut chicken breast into 2cm chunks. • In a medium bowl, combine Asian slaw mix, a drizzle of white wine vinegar and a good pinch of sugar and salt. Set aside. • Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast walnuts, tossing, until golden, 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
• In a second medium bowl, combine grated carrot, falafel mix and fine breadcrumbs (see ingredients). • Using damp hands, roll and press heaped tablespoons of falafel mixture into small balls (4-5 per person). Transfer to a plate.
• When the veggies have 15 minutes remaining, return frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook chicken, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a plate. • Return the frying pan to medium-high heat and add olive oil (1/4 cup for 2 people / 1/2 cup for 4 people). • When oil is hot, cook falafels, turning, until browned and heated through, 5-7 minutes (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). • Transfer falafels to a bowl, then add apricot sauce (see ingredients) and toss falafels to coat.
TIP: Ensuring the oil in the pan is hot before cooking gives the falafels a crispy texture and prevents them from sticking.
• Add avocado and baby spinach leaves to the slaw with a drizzle of olive oil. Toss to combine.
• Divide roasted veggies, slaw, chicken and apricot-glazed falafels between plates. • Dollop with garlic dip and garnish with toasted walnuts to serve. Enjoy!