Crumbed Chicken & Roast Veggie Toss
with Asparagus & Herby Mayo
This is crumbed chicken with a difference. First, it's coated with sweet mustard spice blend, then crumbed with crunchy panko for delectable flavour and texture. Combine that with warmly spiced roasted veggies and a drizzle of herbed mayo for a showstopper.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
garlic & herb seasoning
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, milk, Soy, Sesame. )
baby spinach leaves
dill & parsley mayonnaise
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Egg; )
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Cut beetroot into small chunks. Trim ends of asparagus. Cut potato into bite-sized chunks.
• Place beetroot and potato on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. • Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 25-30 minutes. • While the veggies are roasting, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook asparagus until tender, 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
TIP: Add a dash of water to the pan to help the asparagus cook. Little cooks: Kids can help toss the veggies.
• Meanwhile, place your hand flat on top of chicken breast and slice through horizontally to make two thin steaks. • In a shallow bowl, combine the plain flour, garlic & herb seasoning and the salt. In a second shallow bowl, whisk the egg. In a third shallow bowl, place panko breadcrumbs. • Coat chicken first in flour mixture, then the egg and finally the breadcrumbs. Transfer to a plate.
Little cooks: Kids can help crumb the chicken! Use one hand for the wet ingredients and the other for the dry ingredients to avoid sticky fingers.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base. • Cook crumbed chicken in batches until golden and cooked through, 3-5 minutes each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
TIP: Add extra oil if needed so the crumbed chicken doesn't stick to the pan! TIP: Chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• Add baby spinach leaves to the roasted veggies. Toss to combine and season to taste.
• Slice crumbed chicken. • Divide roast veggie toss between plates. Top with crumbed chicken and asparagus. • Drizzle over dill & parsley mayonnaise to serve. Enjoy!