Honey Beef Koftas & Roast Veggie Grain Bowl
with Flaked Almonds & Garlic Yoghurt
Freekeh is the standout grain we can’t get enough of, especially when it’s tossed with roasted veggies. Add some sweet beef koftas on top to transform this grain veggie extravagance into something out of this world. You’ll be racing for seconds!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
chermoula spice blend
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Gluten; )
ras el hanout
vegetable stock powder
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Egg; )
white wine vinegar
• Preheat oven to 240ºC/220ºC fan-forced. Boil the kettle. • In a large saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Toast freekeh, stirring occasionally, until golden, 1-2 minutes. • Half-fill the saucepan with boiling water, then add a good pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, then simmer freekeh, uncovered, until tender, 30-35 minutes. • Drain, rinse and set aside.
TIP: The freekeh is cooked when it has softened but still retains some bite.
• Meanwhile, cut carrot into bite-sized chunks. Cut cauliflower into small florets. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray. Sprinkle over ras el hanout, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then roast until tender and brown around edges, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, finely chop garlic. • In a medium bowl, combine beef mince, chermoula spice blend, fine breadcrumbs, the egg, half the garlic and a pinch of salt. • Using damp hands, roll beef mixture into small koftas (3 per person).
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Toast flaked almonds, tossing, until golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl. • Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook remaining garlic until fragrant, 1 minute. • Transfer garlic oil to a small bowl, then add Greek-style yoghurt and stir to combine. Season to taste. Set aside.
• Wash and dry the frying pan, then return to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook koftas, turning, until browned and cooked through, 10-12 minutes (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). • Remove pan from heat, then add the honey and turn koftas to coat. Remove from heat. • When the veggies are done, transfer them to the saucepan with freekeh. Add baby spinach leaves, vegetable-style stock powder and a drizzle of white wine vinegar and olive oil. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
• Divide roast veggie freekeh between plates. Top with honey beef koftas. • Garnish with toasted almonds and drizzle over garlic yoghurt to serve. Enjoy!