Vietnamese-Style Hoisin Pork & Corn Rice
with Garlic Veggies & Fried Egg
If your first thought when you saw this bowl of corn popping rice and sticky hoisin pork was that you had found a bowl of treasure, then you’re not alone. It’s a wonder to behold and eat, with the gem of a fried egg on top, maybe this is a treasure we’ve uncovered.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(May be present Gluten, milk, Peanuts, Sesame, Soy, Tree Nuts. )
pork loin steaks
shredded cabbage mix
(May be present Gluten, traces of egg, Fish, milk, Sesame, Tree Nuts, Soy. )
(Contains Soy; )
soy sauce mix
(Contains Gluten, Soy; May be present traces of egg, Fish, milk, Tree Nuts, Sesame. )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Egg; )
• Finely chop garlic. Drain the sweetcorn. • In a medium saucepan, heat the butter and a dash of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook sweetcorn until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes. • Add half the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add the water and a generous pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Add jasmine rice, stir, cover with a lid and reduce heat to low. • Cook for 12 minutes, then remove from heat and keep covered until rice is tender and water is absorbed, 10-15 minutes.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice carrot into half-moons. Thinly slice spring onion. • Slice pork loin steaks into 1cm strips. In a medium bowl, combine pork, the plain flour and a pinch of salt and pepper.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook carrot and shredded cabbage mix until tender, 4-5 minutes. • Add remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Season to taste. Transfer veggies to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
• Return the frying pan to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook pork strips in batches, tossing, until golden, 2-3 minutes. • Add ginger paste, hoisin sauce (see ingredients) and soy sauce mix, and cook until bubbling and slightly reduced, 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
TIP: Cooking the meat in batches over a high heat helps it stay tender.
• Wipe out the frying pan, then return to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When oil is hot, crack the eggs into the pan. Cook until egg whites are firm and yolks are cooked to your liking, 4-5 minutes.
• Divide corn rice and sesame veggies between bowls. • Top with Vietnamese-style hoisin pork. • Top with a fried egg to serve. Garnish with spring onion. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Add the finishing touch by sprinkling over the spring onion.