Cheat's Beef & Date Tagine
with Roasted Veggies, Couscous & Parsley Yoghurt
Take a little bit of chermoula spice, some flavoursome beef mince, fluffy couscous and a smattering of diced dates for sweetness, and what have you got? Why, it’s the perfect recipe for a delicious cheat's beef tagine!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Tree Nuts; May be present Gluten, Peanuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
chermoula spice blend
Diced Dried Dates
(May be present traces of egg, Gluten, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
beef-style stock powder
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
water (for the couscous)
water (for the sauce)
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • Thinly slice carrot into half-moons. Cut parsnip into bite-sized chunks. • Place veggies on a lined oven tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. • Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over mediumhigh heat. Toast flaked almonds, tossing, until golden, 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl. • Finely chop onion and garlic. Roughly chop baby spinach leaves and parsley. Cut lemon into wedges.
• In a medium saucepan, add water (for the couscous) and the salt. Bring to the boil, then add couscous and a drizzle of olive oil. • Stir to combine, cover with a lid and remove from the heat. Set aside until all the water has absorbed, 5 minutes. • Fluff up with a fork, then stir through baby spinach.
• While the couscous is cooking, return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook onion, stirring, until softened, 4-5 minutes. • Add beef mince and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned, 4-5 minutes. Drain excess oil from the pan. • Add garlic, tomato paste, chermoula spice blend and diced dried dates (see ingredients) and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
• Reduce the heat to medium, then add beef-style stock powder and water (for the sauce). Stir, then simmer until slightly thickened, 3-5 minutes. • Add a good squeeze of lemon juice and stir to combine. Season to taste. • In a small bowl, combine Greek-style yoghurt and parsley. Season to taste.
TIP: Add a splash more water if the sauce is too thick!
• Divide spinach couscous between bowls. Top with cheat's beef and date tagine, roasted veggies and parsley yoghurt. • Sprinkle over toasted almonds. Serve with any remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!