Rustic Chicken & Mushroom Mixed Mash Pie
with Veggies & Golden Panko Topping
A mushroom and chicken pie, you can find them in any bakery but we think this one has a special touch above the rest - it’s made by you! A tomato sauce mushroom filling goes the extra mile with veggie additions like leek and carrot to pack this pie up with a perfect ribbon.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
vegetable stock powder
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, milk, Soy, Sesame. )
Aussie Spice Blend
Not included in your delivery
• Boil the kettle. Half-fill a large saucepan with boiling water, then add a generous pinch of salt. • Peel potato and parsnip, then cut both into large chunks. Peel garlic cloves. • Cook veggies and garlic in the boiling water, over high heat, until potato is easily pierced with a fork, 12-15 minutes. Drain, then return veggies and garlic to the pan. • Add a drizzle of olive oil and season with salt. Mash until smooth.
• Meanwhile, preheat grill to high. • Finely chop carrot. Thinly slice leek. Thinly slice button mushrooms. • Cut chicken breast into 2cm chunks.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken and mushrooms, tossing occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. • Add carrot and leek, and cook until softened, 4-5 minutes.
• Add Aussie spice blend and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add vegetable stock powder, tomato sugo, the brown sugar and water, and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
• Transfer mushroom and chicken filling to a baking dish. Spread evenly with the mash and sprinkle over panko breadcrumbs (see ingredients). • Drizzle with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper. • Grill pie until lightly golden, 5-7 minutes.
• Divide mushroom and chicken mixed mash pie between plates. Enjoy!