Seasoned Pork Schnitzel & Veggie Fries
with Apple Salad & Sweet Ssamjang Sauce
It’s schnitty night, tonight! Coat pork in our classic panko mix for a crispy golden result. Then, to amp up the flavour, serve it with the best sweet ssamjang sauce around town. No need to head out for a meal like this.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
sweet chilli sauce
Sweet Soy Seasoning
(Contains Gluten, Soy; )
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, milk, Soy, Sesame. )
Mixed Salad Leaves
(Contains Sesame, Soy; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Egg; )
vinegar (rice wine or white wine)
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut carrot, beetroot and white turnip into fries. • Place veggie fries on a lined tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. Bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice apple into wedges. • In a small bowl, combine ssamjang paste and sweet chilli sauce. Set aside.
TIP: The ssamjang paste is mild, but use less if you're sensitive to heat!
• In a shallow bowl, whisk the plain flour, sweet soy seasoning, a pinch of salt and the egg until combined. • In a second shallow bowl, place panko breadcrumbs. • Coat pork schnitzels first in the egg mixture, then in the panko breadcrumbs. Transfer to a plate.
• When the fries have 10 minutes cook time remaining, heat a large frying pan over high heat with enough olive oil to cover the base. • Cook pork schnitzels in batches, until golden and cooked through, 2-3 minutes each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
While the pork is cooking, combine apple, mixed salad leaves and a drizzle of vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl. Season to taste.
• Slice seasoned pork schnitzel. • Divide pork, veggie fries and apple salad between plates. • Drizzle over sweet ssamjang sauce to serve. Enjoy!