Mexican-Style Black Bean Fritter Burger
with Fries & Smokey Aioli
Here we go, it’s another combo that’s going make mouths water and stomachs rumble. Our two stars tonight are black bean fritters and a burger, transforming into a fritter burger that deserves a standing ovation!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Egg, Gluten, Milk, Soy; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, traces of sulphites, Sesame. )
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
shredded Cheddar cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Mexican Fiesta spice blend
mixed salad leaves
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Egg; )
(Contains Milk; )
vinegar (balsamic or white wine)
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into fries, then place on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice tomato. Drain and rinse black beans.
• SPICY! This spice blend is hot. Use less if you're sensitive to heat! In a medium bowl, combine black beans, shredded Cheddar cheese, Mexican Fiesta spice blend, the plain flour, egg, milk and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine.
TIP: Lift out some of the mixture with a spoon. If it's too wet and doesn't hold its shape, add a little more flour!
• Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat with enough olive oil to coat the base. • When oil is hot, add heaped tablespoons of fritter mixture in batches and flatten with a spatula (2-3 per person). • Cook until golden, 3-4 minutes each side (don't flip too early!). Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
TIP: Add extra olive oil between batches as needed.
• While the fritters are cooking, halve burger buns and bake directly on a wire oven rack until heated through, 2-3 minutes. • In a large bowl, combine mixed salad leaves and a drizzle of vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
• Spread burger bun bases with smokey aioli. • Top with dressed salad leaves, tomato and Mexican black bean fritters. • Serve with fries. Enjoy!