Mushroom, Bacon & Sliced Potato Filo Galette
with Basil Pesto & Rocket Salad
When you put in the hard yards you want to be able to show off your creation and nothing looks as impressive as a filo pastry galette. Everyone will ‘ooh’ and ‘ahh’ at the mushrooms and leek topped with fresh basil pesto. It’s a stellar standout that will earn you admiration and praise!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
(Contains Gluten; )
(Contains Milk, Tree Nuts; )
Balsamic & Olive Oil Dressing
Not included in your delivery
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Cut potato into 0.5cm-thick rounds. • Place potato on a lined oven tray with garlic & herb seasoning, a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then roast until golden, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice button mushrooms and leek. Finely chop garlic.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook diced bacon, mushrooms and leek, stirring, until tender and browned, 3-5 minutes. • Add garlic and a pinch of chilli flakes (if using), and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Season to taste.
• Evenly stack 5 sheets of filo pastry with a drizzle of olive oil between each layer and place on a second lined oven tray. • Top with roasted potatoes in centre of the pastry, leaving a 4cm boarder around the edge. • Top with cooked veggies and season with salt and pepper.
• Carefully fold pastry edges over filling, leaving the centre exposed. • Bake galettes until golden, 15-20 minutes. • Meanwhile, add rocket leaves to a large bowl. Add balsamic & olive oil dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste.
• Slice mushroom, bacon and potato galette. Divide galettes between plates. • Drizzle over plant-based basil pesto. • Serve with rocket salad. Enjoy!