Mushroom, Parsley & Leek Fettuccine
with Chilli & Garlic Pangrattato
It's that time of the week again, pasta night and we’re here to twist things around. Herbs and mushrooms are a must in any pasta dish, add leek and parsley, then garnish with a pangrattato for something a bit different and definitely delicious.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, milk, Soy, Sesame. )
(Contains Gluten; May be present traces of egg, Soy. )
garlic & herb seasoning
(Contains Soy; )
vegetable stock powder
mixed salad leaves
Not included in your delivery
• Boil the kettle. • Finely chop garlic. Thinly slice portabello mushrooms and leek. Finely chop parsley. Thinly slice pear (see ingredients).
• In a large frying pan, heat a generous drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook panko breadcrumbs (see ingredients) and half the garlic, stirring, until golden brown, 3 minutes. • Transfer to a medium bowl and season to taste.
• Half-fill a large saucepan with boiling water and a pinch of salt. Cook fettuccine in the boiling water, over medium-high heat, until ‘al dente’, 9 minutes. • Reserve some pasta water (1/2 cup for 2 people / 1 cup for 4 people), drain, then return fettuccine to the pan and add a drizzle of olive oil to prevent sticking.
• Meanwhile, return the frying pan to medium-high heat with the plant-based butter and a drizzle of olive oil. • Cook mushrooms and leek, stirring, until tender, 4-6 minutes. • Ad parsley, garlic & herb seasoning and remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
• Reduce the heat to medium, then add plant-based cream (see ingredients), vegetable stock powder and some reserved pasta water (1/4 cup for 2 people / 1/2 cup for 4 people), and simmer until thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Remove from heat, then stir through the cooked fettuccine. Season to taste.
TIP: Add a splash more reserved pasta water if the sauce looks too thick.
• Combine mixed salad leaves, pear and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil in a large bowl. Season to taste. • Divide creamy mushroom, parsley and leek fettuccine between bowls. • Top with garlic pangrattato and a pinch of chilli flakes (if using) to serve. Enjoy!