Our Slow Cook recipes are perfect for those cold nights - switch on your oven and get ready to cook low and slow to pack maximum flavour. Juicy little pork balls braised in a herb finish with an array of veggies are as delicious as they look, trust us. Add a punch to the meal with a peppercorn sauce and garlic infused rice. Meatballs are always a fun dinner options, there’s just so much flavour packed into a single bite!
The recent wet and cold weather across New Zealand has impacted our regular supply of fresh ingredients and as such, what you receive may be slightly different to what’s pictured. Don’t worry, your recipe will be just as delicious!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
fine breadcrumbs(ContainsGlutenMay be presentPeanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, Milk, Soy)
garlic & herb seasoning
beef-style stock powder
basmati rice(May be presentPeanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, Milk, Soy, Gluten)
peppercorn sauce(ContainsMilk, Soy)
baby spinach leaves
water (for the sauce)
water (for the rice)
• Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. • Thinly slice onion and celery. Cut carrot into bite-sized chunks. Finely chop garlic. Pick and finely chop rosemary leaves (see ingredients).
Little cooks: Kids can help pick the herbs from the stems!
• In a medium bowl, combine pork mince, fine breadcrumbs, garlic & herb seasoning, the egg and a pinch of salt and pepper. • Using damp hands, roll heaped spoonfuls of pork mixture into small meatballs (4-5 per person). Transfer to a plate. • In a large ovenproof pot, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, turning, until browned, 3-4 minutes (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). Transfer to a plate.
Little cooks: Join the fun by helping combine the ingredients and shaping the mixture into meatballs!
• Return the pot to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook onion, carrot and celery until tender, 3-4 minutes. • Add rosemary and 1/2 the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add beef-style stock powder, the brown sugar, water (for the sauce) and the meatballs and stir until combined. Cover pot with a lid or tightly with foil. Braise in oven until meatballs are tender, 50-60 minutes.
TIP: If you don't have an ovenproof pot, transfer mixture to a baking dish instead!
• When meatballs have 20 minutes cook time remaining, heat the butter with a dash of olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook remaining garlic until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add basmati rice, water (for the rice) and a pinch of salt, stir, then bring to the boil. • Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and keep covered until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, 10 minutes.
• Remove meatballs from oven, then gently stir through peppercorn sauce and baby spinach leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
• Thinly slice chives. • Divide garlic rice between bowls. Top with slow-cooked peppercorn beef meatballs and veggies. • Spoon over any remaining sauce from the pan and garnish with chives. Enjoy!
Little cooks: Add the finishing touch by sprinkling over the garnish!