Sticky Apricot Chicken
with Garlic Crushed Potatoes & Steamed Veggies
For tonight’s dinner, we’ve enlisted the help of a lively glaze made with BBQ sauce: it coats each bite of tender chicken thigh in sticky smokiness and even tastes great drizzled over the robust steamed veggies and crushed potatoes. Go for your life!
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Chicken-Style Stock Powder
Not included in your delivery
butter (for the sauce)
(Contains Milk; )
butter (for the mash)
(Contains Milk; )
• Boil the kettle. Half fill a medium saucepan with boiling water and add a pinch of salt. • Cut potato into large chunks. Thinly slice carrot into sticks. Halve baby broccoli lengthways. Finely chop garlic. Slice lemon into wedges.
• Cook the potato in the boiling water until easily pierced with a fork, 12-15 minutes. • In the last 8 minutes of cook time, place a colander or steamer basket on top and add baby broccoli and carrot. Cover and steam until tender, and potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork, 7-8 minutes. • Transfer veggies to a bowl. Season, then set aside. Drain the potatoes and set aside.
• In a medium bowl, combine chicken thigh, garlic & herb seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil.
• In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 14-16 minutes. • Remove pan from heat, then add apricot sauce, butter (for the sauce), a squeeze of lemon juice and a splash of water, turning chicken to coat. Season to taste.
TIP: The chicken is cooked through when it's no longer pink inside.
• Return the saucepan to medium-high heat with the butter (for the potatoes) and garlic. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 minute. • Add chicken-style stock powder, stir to combine, then remove from heat. • Add potato to the pan and toss to coat. Lightly crush with a fork. Cover to keep warm.
TIP: Add a splash of water if the potato looks dry!
Little cooks: Get those muscles working and help crush the potatoes!
• Divide sticky apricot chicken, garlic crushed potatoes and steamed veggies between plates. • Pour any remaining glaze over chicken and serve with remaining lemon wedges. Enjoy!