Mexican Pork & Refried Black Bean Tacos
with Charred Capsicum & Chipotle Mayo
Tender pork is always a welcomed sight at the dinner table but we’re going a step further and bringing out the welcome committee by adding them to saucy refried bean tacos! Everyone will leave feeling warm and happy, especially when they discover chipotle mayo has joined the party.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
Tenderised Pork Fillet
baby spinach leaves
Mild Chipotle Sauce
(Contains Egg; )
Garlic & Herb Seasoning
Shredded Cabbage Mix
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
Mini Flour Tortillas
(Contains Gluten; )
Mexican Fiesta spice blend
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. • SPICY! This spice blend is hot! Add less if you're sensitive to heat. In a medium bowl, combine tenderised pork fillet, Mexican Fiesta spice blend and a drizzle of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. • In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over high heat. Cook pork, turning, until browned all over, 4 minutes.
• Transfer pork to a lined oven tray. Roast pork for 15-16 minutes for medium, or until cooked to your liking. • Remove from oven and cover with foil. Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice capsicum. Roughly chop baby spinach leaves. Drain black beans. • SPICY! This is a mild sauce, but use less if you're sensitive to heat! In a small bowl, combine mild chipotle sauce and mayonnaise. Set aside. • Wipe out the frying pan, then return to high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook capsicum, until tender and slightly charred, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, season and cover to keep warm.
• Return the frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook black beans and garlic & herb seasoning, until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. • Add the water, brown sugar and butter and simmer until slightly reduced and beans have broken up, 5-6 minutes. • Remove pan from heat, season with salt and pepper.
• Meanwhile, combine baby spinach, shredded cabbage mix and garlic aioli in a large bowl. Season. • Microwave mini flourtortillas on a plate in 10 second bursts until warmed through.
• Thinly slice pork and toss in resting juices on oven tray. • Bring everything to the table. Build the tacos by topping tortillas with refried black beans, slaw, Mexican pork, charred capsicum and chipotle mayonnaise. • Tear over coriander to serve. Enjoy!