Risoni – the clever pasta that looks like rice – is the ideal ingredient in this warm bowl. With butternut pumpkin and courgette, this dinner filled with goodness gets the welcome addition of crumbly cheese and basil pesto to really raise the flavour stakes.
The current labour shortages have impacted availability of ingredients across the entire food supply chain. As such, what you receive may be slightly different to what’s pictured. Don’t worry, your recipe will be just as delicious!
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
peeled pumpkin pieces
vegetable stock powder
garlic & herb seasoning
panko breadcrumbs(ContainsGlutenMay be presentPeanuts, Tree Nuts, Milk, Soy, Sesame)
basil pesto(ContainsMilk, Tree Nuts)
Greek salad cheese/feta cheese(ContainsMilk)
• Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Boil the kettle. Thinly slice courgette into half-moons. • Place peeled pumpkin pieces and courgette on a lined oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, spread out evenly, then roast until tender, 20-25 minutes. • Meanwhile, finely chop garlic. Roughly chop salad leaves. Zest lemon to get a pinch, then slice into wedges.
• In a medium saucepan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • Toast Israeli couscous, stirring occasionally, until golden, 1-2 minutes. • Half-fill the saucepan with boiling water, then add vegetable stock powder and garlic & herb seasoning. Bring to the boil, then simmer, uncovered, until tender, 10-12 minutes.
• Drain and return to the pan with a drizzle of olive oil.
• While the couscous is cooking, roughly chop herb leaves. • In a large frying pan, heat a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook panko breadcrumbs (see ingredients), stirring, until golden brown, 3 minutes. • Add lemon zest, garlic and a pinch of chilli flakes (if using) and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Season, then stir through herbs.
• Gently stir roasted veggies, salad leaves, basil pesto, a good squeeze of lemon juice and 1/2 the cheese through couscous. Season to taste. • Divide basil pesto and roast pumpkin couscous between bowls. Top with lemon and chilli pangrattato. • Crumble over remaining cheese and serve with any remaining lemon wedges.