Beef Meatball 'Banh Mi' & Sriracha Mayo
with Radish Slaw & Fries
Inspired by the loveable Vietnamese sub, this version will take you to the streets of Hanoi on the first bite. Smear over a sriracha mayo and pack in some sweet and soy beef meatballs to balance out a peppery sesame slaw. To add something a bit different, serve with a side of fries to dip in some garlic aioli.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
(May be present traces of egg, Gluten, Tree Nuts, Sesame, Fish, Soy, milk. )
(Contains Egg; )
(Contains Gluten; May be present Peanuts, Tree Nuts, Sesame, milk, Soy. )
Sweet Soy Seasoning
(Contains Gluten, Soy; )
brioche hotdog buns
(Contains Milk, Egg, Gluten, Soy; May be present traces of sulphites, Sesame, Peanuts, Tree Nuts. )
sweet chilli sauce
(Contains Egg, Soy; )
Asian Slaw Mix
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Egg; )
(Contains Sesame; )
vinegar (rice wine or white wine)
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Cut potato into fries, then place on a lined oven tray. Season with salt, drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. • Spread out evenly, then bake until tender, 20-25 minutes.
• Meanwhile, thinly slice radish. • SPICY! Use less sriracha if you're sensitive to heat! In a small bowl, combine sriracha and mayonnaise. Set aside. • In a large bowl, combine beef mince, fine breadcrumbs, sweet soy seasoning, the egg and a pinch of salt and pepper. • Using damp hands, roll heaped spoonfuls of beef mixture into small meatballs (4-5 per person). Transfer to a plate.
• In a large frying pan, heat a generous drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat. • When oil is hot, cook meatballs, turning, until browned and cooked through, 8-10 minutes (cook in batches if your pan is getting crowded). • Remove pan from heat, then add sweet chilli sauce and turn meatballs to coat.
• Bake brioche hotdog buns directly on a wire oven rack until heated through, 5-7 minutes.
• Meanwhile, combine Asian slaw mix, radish, the sesame oil and a drizzle of vinegar in a second large bowl.
• Halve brioche hotdog buns lengthways, 3/4 of the way through. Fill buns with beef meatballs and radish slaw. • Top with sriracha mayo and crispy shallots. • Serve with fries and garlic aioli. Enjoy!