Hearty Mushroom & Leek Lasagne
with Bechamel Sauce & Parmesan
Lasagnes are a much-loved dinner time staple and with a stack of shrooms’, veggies and a delightfully creamy bechamel sauce it will become unbeatable. The sharp Parmesan topping brings an extra zap of flavour and you’ll adore how the cheese pulls away in strings when you slice up and serve this gorgeous dinner.
This recipe is under 650kcal per serving.
Always read product labels for the most up-to-date allergen information. Visit hellofresh.co.nz/foodinfo for allergen and ingredient information. If you have received a substitute ingredient, please be aware allergens may have changed
fresh lasagne sheet
(Contains Gluten, Egg; May be present Tree Nuts. )
crushed & sieved tomatoes
vegetable stock powder
baby spinach leaves
(Contains Gluten, Milk, Soy; )
Aussie spice blend
grated Parmesan cheese
(Contains Milk; )
Not included in your delivery
(Contains Milk; )
• Preheat oven to 240°C/220°C fan-forced. • Finely chop garlic and onion. Thinly slice button mushrooms and white and light green parts of leek. Grate the carrot. • Slice fresh lasagne sheet in half widthways.
• In a large frying pan, heat a generous drizzle of olive oil over high heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, until tender, 8-10 minutes. • Add half the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a small bowl. • Return the frying pan to medium-high heat, with a drizzle of olive oil. Cook onion, leek and carrot, stirring, until softened, 6-7 minutes. • Add Aussie spice blend and remaining garlic and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
• Reduce heat to medium, then add crushed & sieved tomatoes (see ingredients), vegetable stock powder, the butter, brown sugar and the water and cook until thickened, 1-2 minutes. • Season with pepper. Stir through baby spinach leaves until wilted.
• Spoon half the veggie mixture into a baking dish. Top with a lasagne sheet (lay two sheets alongside each other for 4 people). • Repeat with the remaining veggie mixture and lasagne sheets. • Arrange garlicky mushrooms in a single layer on top of lasagne. Using the back of a spoon, spread bechamel sauce over the mushrooms. Sprinkle over grated Parmesan cheese.
• Bake lasagne until golden, 20-25 minutes.
• Divide mushroom and leek lasagne with Parmesan between plates. Enjoy!