Life’s too short to follow complicated recipes. Keep it simple by choosing from this selection of fuss-free dishes. While they don’t require much effort, our seasoned HelloFresh chefs have made sure these easy recipes are still packed with flavour!
Results for undefined
Get excited every evening!
Get inspired by HelloFresh easy recipes
6 Kitchen Hacks To Make Cooking At Home Easy
It’s great to have easy recipes at hand for those busy weeknights, but take a look at some kitchen tips that will make any meal at home easier.
- 1 Peel ginger with a spoon. Ginger skin is fairly thin, so you don’t want to lose half of the root by slicing with a knife. Simply use the edge of a metal spoon to scrape against the ginger and peel off the outer later.
- 2 Ripen fruits in a paper bag. If you’re waiting to use avocado for guacamole or bananas for a cake, you can speed up the ripening process by storing them in a closed paper bag. Most fruits release small amounts of ethylene gas and when this is reabsorbed, fruits ripen faster.
- 3 Preheat the pan. Cooking food when your pan is preheated gives a quicker and more even cooking time. Heat for about three minutes before adding oil or any other ingredients.
- 4 Boil potatoes to peel the skin. For easy, breezy potato peeling, score them around the centre with a knife and then drop them into boiling water. Simmer for 15 minutes and then transfer them into ice water. When the potatoes have cooled down you can easily slide the peel off from either side.
- 5 Use a sharp knife. One of the most important kitchen tools to invest in is a sharp knife. A good kitchen knife will make cutting ingredients faster and easier, and avoid any accidents from dull knife slips.
- 6 Save fresh herbs. Infuse your leftover parsley, rosemary or oregano in a jar of olive oil, instead of leaving them to wither in the fridge. You can use this oil to cook or dress your meals with an extra herb-infused flavour.
Save money and time on your meals
Get delicious recipes and all ingredients fresh on your doorstep every week!